The summer solstice marks the beginning of an eventful season in our little village. Edison is a tiny town in the Skagit Valley, surrounded by farmland, Samish Bay, and the foothills of the North Cascades. Edison truly is a bend in the road, flanked by the Edison Slough, a tidal waterway that leads boaters to Samish Bay.
The BreadFarm is open daily, the perfect stop for grabbing pastries, coffee and bread to go. Breakfast at Tweets, wine, spirits, sundries and delicious soups and sandwiches at Slough Food, lunch at Mariposas, smash burgers at the Edison Cafe and two pubs leave ample options for dining out.
Perusing The Lucky Dumpster, Shop Curator, i.e. Gallery, Indigo Dreams Fiber Studio, and Hedgerow could take an entire afternoon! Some businesses are not open during the weekdays, so check ahead to see what will be open during your visit.
Make a weekend out of your Edison visit and stay in one of our four Smith & Vallee Guest Houses, featuring our custom cabinets and curated with art from our Smith & Vallee Gallery artists.
Summer Events in Edison:
- Live music every weekend at the Old Edison Inn. Check out their band lineup here.
- Paella Parties in the courtyard at Slough Food. Check their calendar for upcoming dates.
- Cribbage and Trivia nights at Terramar Brewstillery. Check their event calendar.
- Art openings and new shows monthly at Smith & Vallee Gallery and i.e. Galler
- Make an appointment to visit our design studio for your dream kitchen or custom cabinetry project here.